Sunday, October 5, 2008

Greetings





Greetings from Newport News! Little signs of the fall season are starting to appear outside our window. How time flies. Time is such a funny thing, isn't it? There are days I feel will never end and others that just zoom by. But when I think back of our time here, I wonder where did the summer go? Nonetheless, we are enjoying the cooler days and crisp fall evenings.

Adelyn and I went to our first play group the other day. All the children were one year and older so they were walking and crawling all over the place, Adelyn just stared in amazement. It is hard to imagine that she will be doing those same things in just a few months. The group met at my neighbors home so it was very convenient to be able to walk across the street when Adelyn got up from her nap. Speaking of naps, I think I need one :) Sleep has been a battle the past couple of weeks with Adelyn. We have started her on food and she has been a bit constipated. For the past few months she has been falling asleep so well, so it is hard trying to figure out what is causing her such total hysteria in the crib. It really is a battle in my head. Do I go hold her? Rock her? Let her cry? How long do I let her cry? Feed her again? I have heard from many moms to try and read your babies cries. Little Miss Drama goes from zero to one hundred. It is either happy or hysterical. So we are still trying to figure out how to read her. Although I will say that she slept much better last night, once she finally fell asleep. We all woke up feeling much more refreshed this morning!!! A fresh start to a new day, thank you, and I'll have another!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Gretchen - I really enjoy your blog so much! The pictures of Adelyn are so cute - she is really starting to look more and more like you. A doll!!!
I believe her friend, Caroline, could give her a run for her money in the drama queen department. She also goes from zero to ten in a matter of seconds, there is no warning. At first I was so bothered by this, but now Matt and I just shake our heads and smile. We definitely have a diva on our hands - but love her still the same! :)
Hope you guys are doing well and hope to see you soon. Miss ya!
Ashley

Akers Adventures said...

Hey Gretchen, it looks like you're feeding Adelyn chocolate pudding. haha I still can't read Mollie's cries either (except when she's hurt, there's no mistaking that one). My solution to her crying is to give her a cracker. It works pretty well. She's still very attached to her bottle. She'll eat baby food but she won't even let me think about skipping her bottle. I hope you guys get some sleep. Miss you guys!
Nancy