Wednesday, December 17, 2008

True JOY




The other day I read an article called "Unwrapping His Christmas Prescence". The article talks about how we get so caught up in the craziness of the season that we forget the real reason we are celebrating. As I read the article I thought to myself, "Guilty as charged!" Our halls are all decked and the stockings are hung, but did I get so caught up in all the twinkling lights that I missed HIS joy??? While I am busy trying to fulfill my holiday expectations I sometimes seem to forget to experience the true joy of Christmas. As I shared in my last post, I do love Christmas. But, I tend to be a dreamer full of these expectations that can rob my holiday joy. I am reminded so often to check my heart and many times it is not so pretty. Where is all the Christmas cheer I ask? Then I am reminded of "Immanuel"- God with us. While I am busy making six inch ribbon curls the Lord reminds me to let HIS peace and joy light up my holidays, to truly experience HIM. We hope that you too are experiencing HIS joy this season. We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Matt and Jenny Mitchell said...

Gretchen, I absolutely adore you. I loved your post. What a reminder!! It is so easy to lose sight of what the true meaning of this holiday is. We miss you so much. keep putting pics up of that doll baby!!:)